Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Morning Run 8/12/08

Well, I decided to deviate from my 1/2 marathon training and treat this week as the last week of a 10K training program. That means 2 3-mile runs this week (today and Thursday) with cross-training on Wednesday and rest on Friday and Saturday. The race is Sunday.

So I ran before work this morning; it was chilly when I left the house, so I wore a lightweight warmup jacket which of course was too hot within the first 1/4 mile of the run and ended up around my waist. I mean, I know the rules; that you should be chilly for the first 1/2 mile. I was wimpy this morning and ended up having to deal with the damn jacket tied around my waist for 2 3/4 miles. Doh.

I timed my run this morning; I still can't break 10 minutes over 3 miles. I ran with a podcast at 161 BPM this morning; the pace was perfect for pushing myself a little bit, but it still wasn't enough to break 10. I'm not planning on placing on Sunday; I just don't want to finish at the bottom of the age group.

The good news is that, including my warm-up and cool-down walks, my HRM said I burned 400 calories (or 4 WW activity points); I'm teaching Spinning tonight which will give me another 5 APs and if I manage to hit the pool or the weight room, I can figure on 2-4 more. The upside is a great calorie burn; the downside will be the hunger.

It's so hard to lose weight when you're training; you really need to fuel your workouts, and I'm always STARVING the day after a tough training day. Watch out Wednesday!!!!

B: Oatmeal cooked with skim milk, frozen cherries and a beaten egg; coffee with 2 tbs whole milk

No comments: