Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Workouts

Well, I've been really lazy about updating my training blog the last few days, so I'll try to get caught up.

Friday I took the day off work (it was our 21st wedding anniversary), so I was able to get my long run of the week in on Friday instead of over the weekend. I ended up deviating from my planned route and doing 6.28 miles instead of 6. The weather was pretty nice; a light breeze and around 80, so I was pretty comfortable the whole way. It took me about an hour and 5 minutes (not including the warm-up and cool-down walk, which I didn't include in the mileage, either) and by the time I reached my recovery heart rate, my total calorie burn was 800. (I finally got the battery in my HRM replaced, so it was a new experience running that kind of distance with the feedback it provides.) My HR was around 150-153 most of the run which was a comfortably challenging effort.

Friday night...well, let's not go into all that was consumed food and drink-wise; I kept my portions small even if what I ate wasn't exactly "healthy". Nor were the martinis and wine, but I figured I had already earned them that day!

Hubby surprised me with a tri-suit! A really nice one. All along I've thought he hasn't been very supportive of my goals, so this was a really nice gesture on his part.

Saturday we rode 24 miles in a stiff wind. With the wind at our backs we were averaging about 22 mph; on the way back, it was a struggle to hold to 15 or 16!! It was a great workout, though. Yesterday we ate really healthy. Grilled chicken, corn, home-made vinegar-based cole slaw and berries for dessert.

This morning I got up and made real oatmeal (I never do instant) with fresh berries then taught a Spinning class. I burned 570 in class...not too bad considering I was off my bike a few times.

Tonight's dinner was a low fat chicken and corn chowder, grilled zucchini and salad.

Well...I really need to kick it up a little this week and get into the weight room!

No comments: