Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What 20 pounds looks like...



This past weekend I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while. And almost every single one of them commented on my weight loss.
I really don't think I look that different. At least, I didn't THINK I did. So I went back through some photos beginning May of last year, right before I decided it was time to get serious about my weight.
All told, I've lost 18 pounds. Which sometimes feels like a lot and sometimes feels like very little, especially when I'm meeting so many women who are struggling with losing much, much more than that.
And I'm still 6 or so pounds from my goal weight, but happy to be holding where I am given my food needs during training.

Anyway, I found this little photo retrospective interesting and a little inspiring, in case I start getting lazy. ;-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


May, 2007 - Ethan's Bar Mitzvah party .....I look...fat. Wearing a "babydoll" style top that I probably thought hid the fat around my middle. In hindsight, it made me look preggers.



July, 2007 - Gary & Michelle's Rehearsal Dinner.......I had already started watching my diet, but hadn't seen much result yet.




Wow...was I really this heavy? ...........



October, 2007 in Atlantic City with "Amy Fabulous"...starting to slim down a bit. Had started running by this time.


December 2007....putting frosting on Craig's 50th bday cake...wearing my favorite skirt which is already too big in this photo...


April, 2008 at Spiaggia in Chicago....feeling good about bare shoulders...


June 2008....

July, 2008 .............
August, 2008 with my new 'do....


I have just one question. Has anyone seen my boobs? They appear to be MIA. If anyone finds them, please return them. No questions asked.








No comments: